Sponsors of the Annual Greater Hazleton Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament
Hazleton Chamber Golf Tournament Sponsors
On Thursday, August 18th, we were proud sponsors of the annual Greater Hazleton Chamber of Commerce golf tournament. Our tent and sales reps set up on hole #9 at Sand Springs and had the opportunity to greet golfers with drinks, snacks and some fun golf giveaways.
The day concluded with a cocktail hour and dinner in the Sand Springs ballroom with prize giveaways and winners announced.
We had such a fun day with fellow members of the Chamber!
Commercial Property Flooded
We help commercial businesses get back in business following an emergency.
SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City and Wyoming County is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help.
Call Today - 570-714-0090
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City and Wyoming County
SERVPRO specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Mold Remediation Company near Wilkes-Barre
Did you discover mold in your home or business? We can help.
Mold Remediation Company
Any home or commercial property can quickly become infested with mold if a source of water is present. Mold can spread throughout a property in as little as 48 hours. If mold is found, we have the training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by reviewing these mold damage tips.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (570) 714-0090
Confusion and misunderstanding surround the topic of mold and mold remediation. Some restoration businesses even make claims to remove all mold from a building. This is a fallacy. Mold spores occur naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. These microscopic spores float along in the air and can enter a home or business through windows and HVAC systems.
Consider these facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Do you have an emergency plan for your place of business?
Be prepared with the SERVPRO Emergency Ready Plan
Emergency Plans are crucial for your place of business.
Since opening our business, we have worked with multiple businesses, school districts, hotels, hospitals, any many more to establish an emergency plan for their buildings. These plans are so important in keeping your staff, students, guests, customers, etc. safe. We want to help you keep the ones most important to you safe.
These emergency plans are important for a 1,000 square foot building all the way to a 200,000 square foot building. An emergency can happen anywhere, and no matter how big your business is, you should be prepared! Below are a few categories of businesses we have completed ERP's at, but the categories are endless.
- School Districts
- Movie Theaters
- Senior Living Centers
- Apartment Complexes
- Small Businesses
- Insurance Agencies
- Country Clubs
- Medical Offices
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Government Buildings
Interested in setting up your free emergency plan? Give us a call!
Storm Damage in Wilkes-Barre
Be prepared for the storm.
Do you have a home in Wilkes-Barre? Do you even have a vacation home in the NEPA area? If the answer is yes to these questions, it is important to keep an eye on the safety of your property during storm season. Keep the following tips in mind to keep your home and belongings safe. If disaster strikes, we are always Here to Help. We can be reached 24/7 at 570-714-0090.
- Cover all glass or delicate outdoor items and furniture.
- Close all windows and doors during a hailstorm.
- Put vehicles in the garage during hailstorms or cover with a thick blanket.
- Move flowers and flower pots under cover.
- Inspect home roofs regularly for loose or curled shingles (this also applies for wind).
- Properly grade lot to avoid water seeping back into house.
- Clear gutters and downspouts of debris to ensure proper drainage.
- Ensure downspouts are located and facing away from the house.
- Reduce air and water leaks with weather stripping around doors and windows.
- Locate and seal any cracks in foundation walls and basement floor.
- Replace rock and gravel landscaping material with shredded bark.
- Install impact-resistant shutters over large windows and glass doors.
- Secure all moveable outdoor items or relocate them indoors.
- Keep trees and shrubbery trimmed and remove weak trees that may fall.
- Avoid parking vehicles near or below trees, lampposts or power lines.
- Secure all HVAC units, skylights and pipes to avoid being blown away.
Keep these safety tips in mind to keep your home or business safe!
This past weekend we had a chance to celebrate owners, John & Heather’s, graduate, Julia! Our entire team is so excited and proud as she heads off to Misericordia University this Fall. Congratulations, Julia!
New Owners of the Wilkes-Barre Area
SERVPRO Team Lazo is excited to announce new ownership of the Wilkes-Barre Area. We look forward to serving Wilkes-Barre and its surrounding areas.
Residential and Commercial Water Damage Restoration
Residential and Commercial Restoration Services
With over 1,800 Franchises nationwide, SERVPRO is a leader in the restoration industry and its professionals are faster to any size disaster. We are available 24 hours/7 days a week and are ready to restore or clean your property.
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals
- Provide 24/7 Emergency Service
- Highly Trained Technicians
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- A Trusted Leader in the Industry with over 1,800 Franchises
- Preferred Vendor for Many National and Local Insurance Companies
Have Questions? – We’re Here to Help - 570-714-0090
Whether you need emergency flood damage restoration or top-to-bottom home cleaning, you can trust us to make your house feel like home again. We have the training, experience, and equipment to quickly get your home looking its best.
Your commercial property’s appearance speaks volumes to your clients. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services, SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City and Wyoming County has the training and expertise to help make it “Like it never even happened.” We are proud to serve all of Luzerne and Wyoming Counties.
What to do if I discovered mold in my home?
Use these tips to avoid mold growing in your home.
In the process of selling a vacant property? Avoiding mold will aid in the quickness of the sale. Since mold loves moisture, it’s important to remove sources of water to prevent it from growing in the building.
Potential problem areas to address to keep mold at bay include:
- Roof Leaks: Check attic or top floor for roof leaks, and repair any that are found.
- Wall Leaks: Weather strip and caulk leaky windows.
- Window Condensation: Install insulated glass or storm windows to prevent condensation problems.
- Plumbing Leaks: Examine pipes for leaks and insulate if needed.
- Blocked Gutters: Keep gutters and downspouts clean.
- Foundation Leaks: Channel water from downspouts away from house.
- Basement Leaks: Examine basement for leaks and repair if necessary.
- Water Under House: Check crawl space for excess moisture, and apply black plastic to ground to reduce humidity.
- AC Drain Leaks: Be sure HVAC units drain properly and that drains are not clogged.
- Ductwork Condensation: Inspect HVAC ducts for excess moisture. Repair or replace the insulation around them if wet.
- Air Filters: Use a high quality air filter with HVAC units, and change it regularly.
- Bath Vent Fans: Install bathroom fans that are vented to the outside. Run them during—and for 15 minutes after—showers.
- Air Circulation: Open doors and windows during dry weather to increase air circulation.
- Indoor Humidity: Keep the humidity in your home between 30 and 50 percent. Check it with a humidity gauge or moisture meter and use a dehumidifier to lower it if necessary.
- Vent Gas Appliances: Make sure gas and kerosene heaters and fireplaces are properly vented to the outside to reduce the amount of moisture in the air.
Use these helpful tips to avoid growing mold in your property. If you find yourself dealing with mold, you can contact us to quickly remediate the problem.
Join us for Team Lazo's Golf Tournament Benefiting Penn State THON
Join us for a fun day on the course!
Please join SERVPRO Team Lazo this October 10th at Fox Hill Country Club in Exeter for a day out on the golf course. All proceeds from the event will benefit - Penn State THON, a student-run philanthropy committed to enhancing the lives of children and families impacted by childhood cancer.
If you are interested in playing, sponsoring or both, please reach out to our sales and marketing team. We will be able to provide you further details for golfer and sponsorship opportunities.
We are looking forward a great day out on the golf course that will benefit an amazing organization.